2. Check “Enable Live Agent” checkbox and click “Save” button.
3. Go to My Settings –> Personal –> Advanced User Details and enable Live Agent user check box in your user detail page.
4. Click “Skills” under Live Agent.
5. Click “New” Button.
6. Add a Skill and click “Save” button.
7. Go to Chat Buttons under Live Agent.
8. Create a new Chat Button.
9. Save the Chat Button.
10. Go to Deployments under Live Agent.
11. Create New Deployment.
12. Save Deployment.
13. Create a Service Cloud Console Application from Create –> Apps and click “New” button.
14. Check “Include Live Agent in this App” while creating Service Cloud Console application.
15. Select the Service Cloud Console App created from the Force.com App Menu.
16. Create a HTML page with code from “Chat Buttons” and “Deployments”. Open Notepad.
Get the below codes.
Chat Button Code:
16. To customize your chat button manually, replace the Online Chat Content and Offline Chat Content comments.
Replace the below codes:
<!– Online Chat Content –> and <!– Offline Chat Content –>
17. Save the Notepad file with .html.
18. Open the Console application created in Salesforce and go online in Live Agent.
19. Open the HTML page created by you.
20. Click the link to chat with the Live Agent.
19. Accept the invitation in Service Cloud Console application to chat with the user.
13 thoughts on “Live Agent Implementation in Salesforce”
Thank you so much for this information
Good Article… u are
Nice article..Useful information.
Thanks, really useful
Have you ever added a live agent link to a site.com page?
Yeah I have implemented it….
Hi, I tried as you said. Every thing is fine. But, when I opened index.html file. It is blank. Can you help me in this regard? Here I didn't understood."Click the link to chat with the Live Agent."
Replace the Online Chat Content and Offline Chat Content comments.
Very good artical for beginners
very useful blog to start on Live Agent..
Great Article!!! it helped a lot.. especially the HTML code… thanks a lot
Really helpful article help developers to know the importance of live agent implementation..
The Article was very useful to understand the basic setup