Job ID 2014-3965
# Positions : 1
Posted Date : 7/7/2014
Category (Candidate Search) : Engineering
Position Type : Full-Time
Solarwinds is looking for talented and smart fresh graduates who’d like to start their career as Testers. As a Junior Software Tester you will learn about software testing, quality engineering, adopt development processes of agile team and study various technologies in Networking, Application, Storage and Virtualization management. You will collaborate with the Test Lead to perform functional, regression and exploratory tests on a technical level, create test documentation including writing your own test cases and collaborate closely with development team. The position requires a motivated individual with strong sense for detail, good technical background and analytical thinking.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Test next generation of products on multiple platforms and databases
- Participate in preparation of test documentation (write Test Cases, contributing to Test Strategy)
- Perform functional, regression, integration, stress, and performance testing
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and with high quality
- Assist customer support with analyzing customer issues and providing extensive details to the development team
- Create and execute automated tests
- Learn as much as possible and as fast as possible
What is needed for this position?
- Good general IT background
- Interest in networking, databases or systems and applications
- Experience with MS Windows or Linux and web-based applications
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated creativity
- Ability to use English on daily basis
What are some desired skills?
- Basic DB and SQL skills
- Networking knowledge and experience (SNMP, TCP/IP)
- Basic HTML/XML knowledge
- Basic programming skills in OOP language (C#, Java)