Predict and plan the sales cycle from pipeline to closed sales, and manage sales expectations throughout the organization withCollaborative Forecasts. In Collaborative Forecasts, the forecast categories only display information for that specific category; for example, Best Case only reflects amounts in the Best Case category.
Collaborative Forecasts includes much of the same functionality as Customizable Forecasts. When migrating to Collaborative Forecasts from Customizable Forecasts keep the following in mind:
1. To enable Collaborative Forecasts, Customizable Forecasts must be disabled first. Contact salesforce.com for assistance with disabling Customizable Forecasts.
2. When you turn off Customizable Forecasts, the Quotas related list no longer appears on User records and the Edit Personal Quota permission (API name: PermissionsEditOwnQuota) no longer appears in the Profile object.
Organizations using Territory Management or custom fiscal years can’t migrate to Collaborative Forecasts at this time.
3. The forecast history, overrides, reports, and sharing data from Customizable Forecasts are purged.
4. Prior to migrating to Collaborative Forecasts, consider exporting forecasting report data.
5. Monthly forecasts is the default Collaborative Forecasts period, however you can change your settings to quarterly.
6. The forecast hierarchy is retained. However, to reduce the chance of potential data loss, consider migrating to Collaborative Forecasts immediately after disabling Customizable Forecasts. Since the hierarchy is retained, do not enable Forecasts users again after migrating. Instead, after migration validate all hierarchies for accuracy.