Selecting the Re-evaluate Workflow Rules After Field Change checkbox on the Field Update Edit page allows you to set a workflow field update to re-evaluate all workflow rules on the object if the field update results in a change to the value of the field.Cheers!!!
- If the field update changes the field’s value, all workflow rules on the associated object are re-evaluated. Any workflow rules whose criteria are met as a result of the field update will be triggered.
- If any of the triggered workflow rules result in another field update that’s also enabled for workflow rule re-evaluation, a domino effect occurs, and more workflow rules can be re-evaluated as a result of the newly-triggered field update. This cascade of workflow rule re-evaluation and triggering can happen up to five times after the initial field update that started it.
- Make sure that your workflow rules aren’t set up to create recursive loops. For example, if a field update for Rule1 triggers Rule2, and a field update for Rule2 triggers Rule1, the recursive triggers may cause your organization to exceed its limit for workflow time triggers per hour.
- In a batch update, workflow is only retriggered on the entities where there is a change.
- Only workflow rules on the same object as the initial field update will be re-evaluated and triggered.
- Only workflow rules that didn’t fire before will be retriggered.
- Cross-object workflow rules aren’t candidates for re-evaluation.
- Cross-object field updates that cause a field value to change don’t trigger workflow rule re-evaluation on the associated object.
- An approval process can specify a field update action that re-evaluates workflow rules for the updated object. If, however, the re-evaluated workflow rules include a cross-object field update, those cross-object field updates will be ignored.